With the convenience provided by a ride whenever you want it, rideshare companies like Uber have grown in popularity. And now with sufficient funding and years of service, Uber is the market leader in the rideshare industry. With the growth of rideshare services, like Uber and Lyft, cities all over the nation including Phoenix, have seen an increase in traffic congestion, car accidents, and a lesser reliance on public transportation.
According to a recent study by the University of Chicago and Rice University, the rise of rideshare services has led to an increase of 2% to 3% in traffic deaths. And although that may not sound like much, the reality is over 1,100 additional car accident related deaths. If you have been injured in an Uber accident, contact the Phoenix personal injury lawyers at Enara Law.
THE RISE OF UBER IN PHOENIX
Uber has seen a meteoric rise in popularity and availability. To date, Uber has become a publicly traded powerhouse and global leader of the rideshare industry.
As of 2019 Uber’s impressive statistics include:
- Uber has provided over 7 billion rideshare trips
- Uber is available in over 69 countries, and over 10,000 cities globally
- Uber has generated over $65 billion in bookings; despite drivers earning less than $400 a month
- Uber has over 5 million drivers
- Uber has over 70% market share in the rideshare industry.
ACCIDENT LIABILITY AGAINST
UBER IN ARIZONA
Uber has come under fire in recent years for their classification of drivers. Because Uber drivers are independent contractors and not employees, Uber attempts to avoid legal liability for accidents caused by their drivers. However, courts have held Uber liable, but not without nuance. Looking at case precedent from other jurisdictions, legal liability for an Uber ride depends on the phase of the ride:
- The Uber driver was logged into the Uber app and was being connected to a rider
- The Uber driver was driving to pick up the passenger
- The Uber driver was on a trip, driving a passenger to their destination
In many accidents, Uber may ultimately be responsible for injuries you may sustain while on an Uber trip. However, rideshare cases can become complex. Uber, unlike traditional taxi cab services which utilize a fleet of vehicles, uses independent contractors operating their personally owned vehicles to transport passengers.
HOW MUCH DOES AN UBER ACCIDENT
ATTORNEY IN SCOTTSDALE COST?
At Enara Law, Bringing Legal to Light™ is all about transparency, and that's especially important to us when it comes to cost. Enara works to make the legal process as transparent, simple and rewarding as possible for our clients. We know that people who are seeking the help of our Uber accident lawyers are already in an unexpected and difficult situation- and we are not here to add to the burden with high legal fees or hidden costs.
We are transparent with our fees, which we charge on a contingency basis- with no hidden fees. That means you don't pay if we don't win.
- We offer a free and confidential case consultation.
- We advance all costs associated with the cases we handle.
- We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we charge absolutely no fees unless we win- You Pay Nothing if We Don't Win!
SCOTTSDALE UBER ACCIDENT LAWYERS- FREE
AND CONFIDENTIAL CONSULTATIONS
The aggressive attorneys at Enara Law are ready to help you obtain compensation if you have unexpectedly been in an Uber accident. Contact our Phoenix lawyers in Scottsdale for a free consultation at (602) 687-2010, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the form below.